2. The event started with the invocation song by the Carnatic vocal music teacher of NSCBICC. Deputy High Commissioner and Cd’ A, High Commission of India, Smt. Subashini Narayanan delivered the welcome address and read out the special message of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on World Hindi Day.
3. Members of Bihar Community in Malaysia presented 2 devotional songs in Hindi ‘Man Basiya O Kanha’ and ‘Ram Ayenge’. Members of Mahabharata Mandal presented a dance for the Hindi song, ‘ek chidiya anek chidiya’ intended to teach the value of unity and teamwork to children. It also contained the message of how India is stronger when its citizens are united, regardless of cultural diversity.
4. As part of the programme, Hindi poetry recitation competition was held. Students from Global Indian International School (GIIS), Vikas International School, Valley International School, Tanarata International School, Bharat Club and children of officers of High Commission of India enthusiastically participated in the poetry recital competition and expressed the beauty of Hindi language. Antakshari session, which
was conducted by the Committee members of Marwadi Yuva Munch Malaysia was well attended by participants.
5. In the run up to the World Hindi Day 2024, Hindi handwriting competition was organized at the international schools having students of Indian origin. In total, 10 winners were selected. The winner and participants of both Hindi poetry recitation and handwriting competition will be felicitated at the Flag Hoisting Celebrations of 75th Republic Day of India which will be held on 26th January 2024.
6. The event, enthusiastically attended by more than 100 people from community associations, International Schools in Malaysia and lovers of the Hindi language was well received.
19 January, 2024